[wp-pro] Newsletter Publisher Looking for Guidance

Peter A. Chapman peter at beard.com
Fri Mar 7 19:28:37 GMT 2008

At 02:05 PM 3/7/2008, [a list member] wrote:
>Your project sounded like a publishing platform, and there may be
>other choices than WordPress to do this.

I'm interested in learning about other choices if anyone detects that I'm going down the wrong road exploring WordPress as a more efficient way to publish and distribute the newsletters we publish, or the cost to make WordPress work the way we want will be breathtaking at the end of the day.

Fundamentally, we're looking for a system that will receive content from any source, hold it, and export it to any destination in any format, without a lot of people performing tedious manual tasks.  We want our authors, contributors, stringers, editors and managers to spend time focusing on the words and ideas we're delivering to our subscribers, rather than formatting, reformatting, coding, fonts, margins, layout, _ML tagging, and other minutiae.