[wp-pro] Is there a limit to the number of sub categories?

Michael michael at semperfiwebdesign.com
Thu Mar 6 18:16:40 GMT 2008

 I am using wordpress as a CMS, and currently have 3500+ categories... There
are 30ish top-level categories, each with a number of 2nd level categories,
each with a number of 3rd level categories... when I add additional 3rd
level categories, often they don't show up in admin>manage>categories or on
the site itself, though they are in MySQL, I am not using any caching
plugin, and have installed and run the flush-cache plugin
 Sometimes it takes a few minutes, hours, or days for the 3rd level
categories to show up.
It's not my browser cache, there's no system cache that I know of on the
server, and I don't have any caching plugins.