[wp-pro] WP Website Overhaul

Melissa Woolf melissa_woolf at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 21 22:41:54 GMT 2008

Hello WP-Pro!

My Wordpress blog has been up for about 2 years.  During that time, it has served its purpose well in that it's easy for me to use, maintain, etc.  However, the time has come to bring in the big guns for some consultation and overhaul.

My ultimate goal is to repurpose the blog from a little entertainment site for family and friends to a more robust informational tool.  We live on a sailboat currently sailing around the world (greetings from Tahiti by the way).  The website started as a way to just post a couple pictures and provide a couple updates, etc.  However, interest in our adventure has increased in the last several months and we've developed quite the following!  I would like to build on that interest and increase our web presence by making the website very user friendly, well organized, visually pleasing, fast, linked and tagged, etc.

More specifically, I'd like to hire someone to:

-- Create a new/Overhaul existing theme;
With my silly stylistic changes, I believe the overall appearance looks quite amateurish.  I have several ideas of what I'd like (continue 2-column format, widen usage area, etc.) but I would be interested in your suggestions.

-- Clean and tighten up all the code;
In my limited understanding of CSS and HTML, you will find the code riddled with haphazard statements and fixes which are breaking alot lately as the site becomes content heavy, more heavily visited, and the various plugins and widgets become outdated and require upgrade.  Additionally, I've been told that it breaks in some browsers which is obviously not good.

-- Enlighten me to all the neat functionality and creative stuff available to me that I'm not currently taking advantage of.

Am I making any sense at all?

Please feel free to visit http://www.spectacle-boat.com and email me directly with your questions, rates, and any preliminary ideas you may have.  Thank you in advance for your interest in my vague and bizarre musings!

Sincerely,
Melissa Woolf