{Disarmed} Re: [wp-pro] need ] Need to hire wordpress web developer and marketing

Donna Casey syncbox at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 15:57:42 GMT 2008

Miriam Schwab wrote:
> It seems to me that most of the postings on this list are by people who want
> to pay $5 an hour for "it won't take you long" kind of work.
>
> I'm interested to know if anyone here has gotten any decent projects from
> this list? If not, it may be worthwhile trying to figure out how to get the
> idea across that this list consists of professionals with professional level
> experience and pricing.

well, I posted for a developer to build a plugin, got several responses
- NONE of which work for $5 an hour - selected one that seemed to
understand what I needed, my budget, my timeline and he delivered. The
project cost me a bit over $500 and I am having him do some additional
work because I am pleased by his work and communication skills.

I prefer to post the requirements and let those who A) actually read
them and B) feel qualified to deliver contact me with their rate or bid.
I don't pretend to necessarily understand the number of hours or even
all the skills required for the work.

So, posting a dollar amount in the subject doesn't work for me as it
wouldn't likely be accurate. That said, as a designer/developer for
WordPress, I, too, feel offense by those who can't do something and then
feel it necessary to denigrate the work while asking to pay practically
nothing for it, YET STILL WANT IT DONE.

It's insulting but I've learned pretty much the hard way that it doesn't
actually do anything to complain about it. For a while, I just
unsubscribed. I'm only answering here because I KNOW I paid a decent
rate for a great developer (stickmanlabs) who really came through.

D Casey