{Disarmed} Re: [wp-pro] need ] Need to hire wordpress web

Joni Mueller joni at jonimueller.com
Tue Jun 17 14:58:36 GMT 2008

1. Please trim you posts! It's good netiquette.

Oh, I beg to differ with you, Stephen. This isn't the wide open, untamed
and free Internet.  This is a mailing list with subscribers.  No, we
don't need to respond if we aren't interested in your "job," but you
should also be realistic about what you are asking for if you plan to
hire a "professional."  As a good friend of mine once said, "It's
not the five minutes it takes us to do it, it's the knowledge that
allows us to do it in only five minutes."

Better yet, "If you think a professional is expensive, wait until you
hire an amateur." ~~ Red Adair

Problem is, Lawrence, these folks ARE serious.  :D

>From: "Brian York" <brianjyorkau at gmail.com>
>
>I've been biting my tongue on this, but I think the best solution might be
>that we, as adults, ingore the emails that are below budget or offensive in
>any way.  Rules only create more rules.

I agree.  Life is full of enough stress without making yourself crazy
over the seemingly unreasonable budgets of people seeking paid
professional help.  As in any market, there will always be (for lack of
a better word) bottom feeders who can and will pick up the slack and do
the lower budget work. Whether they are good at what they do, inept,
just plain incompetent or absolutely brilliant -- that's a chance the
project owner will just have to take.

ICQ: #32626429
Visit me on the web at:
http://jonimueller.com