[wp-pro] Short term temporary backup technical support for WordPress site

Dalton Rooney dalton at storycorps.net
Mon Jun 9 19:13:33 GMT 2008

Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job Description:

I am the web developer at a non-profit oral history and media organization
based in Brooklyn, NY. Last fall, we overhauled our website, and it is now a
fairly complex CMS built from WordPress.

The problem? I am going on vacation, with no access to the internet, and I
am the only person at our organization with web development skills. We need
someone to be on call for about two weeks at the end of June in case
anything goes wrong with the site while I'm away.

There is a good chance that your help would not be needed this time around,
and in that case, this wouldn't be a paying gig. But if something comes up,
we would be glad to pay a fair-market, pre-negotiated hourly fee for the
support.

We are looking for someone with strong web, HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, and
WordPress skills to play this role. In a wost case scenario, say our
database crashes or the site is hacked, we would need someone who would be
able to restore the site from a backup, or analyze the log files to figure
out what has gone wrong.

We will be looking to upgrade the site later in the year with some custom
features, so this may be an opportunity to discuss that at an early stage as
well.

Please send me an email with a brief introduction of you and your work and a
resume with a list of other WordPress sites that you maintain or have helped
to build.

Thanks,
Dalton

email dalton [at] storycorps [dot] net