[wp-pro] Looking For A Coder (or Plugin)

David J. Bisset dbisset at dimensionmedia.com
Tue Jul 22 13:21:46 GMT 2008

I'm looking for a WP coder (or an already existing plugin that is
close) for a project involving modifying and enhancing the user
functionality on a current WP site. In a nutshell I am turning the
wordpress users (with a low access level of "subscribed" or similar)
into registered users that are able to login on the frontend (never
seeing the backend) and access their own profile page.

The closest thing i have found to what i'm looking for is found in the
Profiler plugin:

http://www.visualguides.org/projects/profiler/

But we need expand on this greatly. Users need to be able to:

1. Register on the frontend of the website via template.
2. Login via the frontend of the website (not seeing anything in the
WP backend). Forget password link as well.
3. Users would be brought after login to their profile page where they
can change basic profile information. This page can be viewed by the
public with limited information and no edit abilities.
4. Users should be able to see their comments along with two other new
custom attributes (called favorites and guides, which is explained in
the spec)
5. Users need to be able to upload a pic as their avatar via the frontend.

In addition, the admin of the site needs to be able to easily view the
users and the additional information - basically a slight build off of
current admin backend users page.

Anyone interested please let me know and I can send them a full spec
for a quote. Please respond if you have experience with Wordpress
users or pretty sure you can handle it. :-)

Thanks.

--
David Bisset
Director of Web Development