[wp-pro] VCalendar to WordPress Import Script

Arun Kale arun.kale at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 12:05:36 GMT 2008

Hello, all.
I have a working VCalendar [http://vcalendar.org/] installation which has
data gathered over a few months. I have a WordPress 2.5.1 installation, and
have the latest version of the Event Calendar 3 plugin installed [
http://wpcal.firetree.net]. For those of you who aren't familiar with the
plugin, it lets you assign posts in a certain category as events in a
calendar.

I have a backlog of a few months' events in the VCalendar installation, and
since transferring everything over manually would be very time-consuming,
I'm looking for an importer script which can import all my VCalendar events
as WordPress posts --- specifically WordPress posts belonging to a
particular category, preferably with the Event Calendar 3 metadata added to
each event/post (start time, end time).

So ---

1. Is this do-able?
2. How much time will a process like this take (writing the script and
moving everything over)?
3. If anyone is interested in working on this, how much would you charge?

If you need any other details, please let me know. I have a deadline to
meet, so I'm looking forward to prompt replies :) Thank you all for your
time.

Cheers,
Arun