[wp-pro] plugins needed-paid work

davidknight42 davidknight42 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 27 22:36:53 GMT 2007

Hello people

Am looking for someone to make me some custom elements for a
Wordpress site.

Its basically a custom input form and a separate search page (which I
would like to be able to add into a header on a template as well if
possible)

I would be grateful if someone could quote me a price and a timeframe
for this if anyone feels they could build this.

NEEDED:-

INPUT BLOG FORM
Needs extra fields as compared to the normal blog posting. These are--

MAKE: ford, audi, etc

User selects from a drop down list, when a selection is made a second
drop down list becomes active, this shows;

MODEL; Punto/fiesta etc

The actual type of car.

MADE IN (drop down selectable list of years)
MILAGE (text input area for a number)

PRICE (text input area for a number)

DESCRIPTION (just a text area, like a blog post)

Then a series of choices either by radio buttons or drop down lists.
Like;

Radio: yes/no
Fuel type: petrol/diesel/hybrid

These should be configurable in the admin section so I can add new
elements  at any time and these will work in the input and search.

Also would like for these to be displayed in that order on the normal
blog pages, so its printed out like a form with all that information
visible on each post.

SEARCH

Blog title- search key words in title (basically a normal search, but
with the extra elements below)

Make; A drop down list of makes, again like in the Input area, once a
make is selected a second list becomes active of that makes models.

Age- from and to.
Two drop down lists of years, users select a start date and an end
date. All cars in this time frame must be shown.

Mileage- to and from
Like age, two drop down lists with mileage selectors, again all cars
must be shown that fit in this range. For this approximations will be
used as there would be far too many numbers, so it would be like
0-100, 100-1000 etc.

Price
Same as mileage really, two drop down lists, max and min price again
approximate rounded values will be used, again all cars in that range
need to be found.

Then again radio button and drop down list for things like radio and
fuel type to filter results some more.

SEARCH RESULTS
The results should be printed below the search filters, and have
adjustable ascending/descending tabs for price/millage/age so people
can sort from say dearest>cheapest or cheapest>dearest.

Im also thinking it would be worthwhile to have some sort of AJAX/
live results element to the results, for instance if someone did a
full search, but then decided they wanted to raise their maximum
price as soon as they changed the drop down price menu, the results
instantly change. Can this be done?

Ok, well that’s possibly either confused most people or scared them
off! If theres anyone left reading this and thinks they could do it,
would they please get in touch .

Thanks

David