[wp-pro] Fantastico/ WP uninstall/ Keep SQL - newbie!!

Cathy Tibbles cathy at tibbles.net
Fri Sep 21 22:48:57 GMT 2007

Hi everyone, I'm way over my head here.

I have learned how to modify themes with the wordpress language - or is that
html?  Anyway, that and exploring the control panel on our server is the
complete history of my experience in this area.

Before the problem:

.         Downloaded word press 2.2.1

.         Downloaded themes.  Entered  3-4 weeks of posts, pages,
categories, and data for my blog.

.         Started messing around with .htaccess files to figure out how to
do the Permalink thing.

.         I got cocky and started "cleaning" my server of the Publisher &
FrontPage files that I had uploaded in 2002.  Starting with deleting files
from the server main directory, and into public_html too.

The Problem:

.         Nothing is loading - go to www.tibbles.net/blog and you can see
the parent directories and everything.  Does this mean that some sort of
crawlers can access and screw up my server or hosting servers?

Before the "before the problem":

.         Unbeknownst to me, my dh uploaded Fantastico and had uploaded a
copy of WP before I had began  - so, we loop to the top of "Before the
problem" when I had no idea that Fantastico was already monitoring WP.

"Solutions" already tried: (AKA How I Messed it up More)

.         Restored all the files in the trash (in CPanel)

.         Completed the installation of WP 2.2.2  - the wp-config.php file,
and the wp-admin/install.php file. (it won't install, says that I don't have
authorization to do somethin')

CPANEL Stuff:

I only know as some sort of geek language:

.         SQL is on my server (v. 4.1.22),

.         Apache v.1.3.37;

.         OS= Linux;

Is it possible to get help?  What are the last resort fixes for someone with
my limited knowledge?

Thank you very much for any suggestions.  (I already tried Install4Free, and
the consultant gave me this email loop as means of some help.)

Cathy Tibbles

View my blog at:  Multitalentedmommy <http://www.tibbles.net/blog>