[wp-pro] Word PRess MU Project - Developer Required

James Wray james.wray at monstersandcritics.com
Mon Jan 22 19:43:00 GMT 2007

Hi Folks,

I am looking for someone to help us get our blog section up and running.

The idea is for the blogs to provide us a platform we can offer to staff,
freelancers and other writers out-with our regular news. Often we get people
looking to contribute but the topic, time or style just do not fit with our
mainstream content. Other uses are the likes of coverage from festivals and
other short-term events.

So I want to have an network of blogs within the site with each one loosely
tied to our main categories. I guess the functionality required is somewhat
like many of the blog networks on the Web, except all the blogs will be
identical in design.

Possibly we will need a photoblog theme in addition to a  standard one. Both
would be based on the main site design, so not looking for an original
design. However, we will welcome ideas regards functionality and
cross-pollination.

I also want to be able to create new blogs without having to configure every
setting each time. Furthermore an overall portal page would be required
showing the latest posts etc. Possibly some categorization here to match up
with the main site, I am guessing this could be done by aggregating
associated blog RSS or such.

I have also been looking at moveable type and Expression Engine but I think
MU might be a better option as it seems to moving forward with paid support
options etc.again maybe you can let me know your thoughts on it being the
right choice. Note although we need that sort of multi-blog functionality
users will not be allowed to create blogs themselves, it will be manual on
application.

The site is a fairly busy independent news/entertainment outlet,
monstersandcritics.com. So optimization, security and spam protection are
very important.

No doubt additional work after the initial rollout as we have a German
version of the site launching in Q2-3.

If you are interested please drop me a line with your thoughts. Please put
Blog Development in the subject.

Many thanks

James

James Wray