[wp-pro] WordPress Coolie

Brian Groce wp at watershedstudio.com
Wed Jan 24 13:48:53 GMT 2007

Richard Brown said the following on 1/24/2007 4:33 AM:
> Hi Alec
>
> On 24/01/07, alec kinnear <wppro at emailias.com> wrote:
>> What's with all the obnoxious lowball and for free proposals on this
>> list lately?
>>
>> This is called WordPress Pro, people. Not WordPress Coolie or
>> WordPress Serf.
>>
>> Somebody should pull the account of anybody who posts an offer as
>> derogatory as the last one from mattahan at GantDesign.com. There's
>> been too many of those lately.
>>
>> Just an opinion.
>>
>> A big thanks to Aaron Brazell for calling out the New York Times on
>> their bad manners. Very instructive.
> I discarded a reply to the gantdesign email because it got to rude. I
> also added in that email that I was beginning to think that this list
> has become a bit of a joke! Is there something someone can do about
> this please or do I need to unsubscribe?
>
> Just an opinion.

While we all have seen too many of these sort of requests, I think the
best course of action is to simply not reply to such requests.  From
personal experience I can say that there are people submitting requests
that do have a realistic grasp on the amount of work involved with what
they're asking AND that don't expect volunteers.

Brian

*Watershed Studio, LLC*

Phone: (317) 215-7078
Web: watershedstudio.com <http://watershedstudio.com>
Skype: watershedstudio
AIM: wtrshdstd
	Watershed Studio, LLC
P.O. Box 78306
Indianapolis, Indiana 46268
U.S.A.

/Design and Marketing Solutions for Web and Print/