[wp-pro] WordPress Coolie

philip reed philipreedtech at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 19:52:07 GMT 2007

On 1/24/07, Angsuman Chakraborty <angsuman at taragana.com> wrote:
> And then there are people whose
> mindset is to abhor anything non-free, in Richard Stallmanish ways. They
> believe everything should be free, conveniently forgetting that too should
> be working in their day-jobs for free, without expecting any remuneration
> whatsoever.

Either that's a misunderstanding of Stallman, falling into the classic
beer/speech fallacy, or I grossly misunderstand Stallman.

I've always assumed that one reason (though not the only reason)
people are willing to donate their coding on contemporary open-source
projects is precisely BECAUSE there's an aftermarket for services.
Kill the services market and open-source coding just isn't as
attractive.

Regards,

Philip
--