[wp-pro] WP plugin / theme development project (rush): CommentPress

Jeremy Douglass jeremydouglass at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 00:26:30 GMT 2007

The Institute for the Future of the Book is seeking a PHP and Javascript
programmer experienced with WordPress development to work on the next
version of CommentPress (http://www.futureofthebook.org/commentpress/).  The
preferred developer will have some experience with WordPress plugin
development and theming; the ideal developer will also be familiar with
JQuery.

The job budget is ~$2500 (negotiable), payment-on-delivery for a complete
method of integrating the existing CommentPress theme / plugin into an
existing blog installation according to certain criteria (functionality
appearing or not on a by-category basis), with an option on future work
adding advanced features once the initial goals are met.  Low-bids and
hourly-rate bids with an estimate will be accepted.  Solutions worked out in
this project will later be migrated back into the open source CommentPress
codebase, so a standard and reasonably documented solution will be
important.  Our problem and proposed solution is reasonably well understood,
but we currently lack in-house expertise to implement it.

Our window on the initial deliverable is now through January 15 2008: we
apologize for the holiday timing, but availability to undertake the project
during this period is important.

CommentPress is a custom WordPress theme / plugin that enables
paragraph-level comments (among other things).  The Institute for the Future
of the Book is currently revising CommentPress to work with WordPress
2.3.1and better integrate with existing blogs (at present it works
best as a new
install).   It is an unusual take on blogging being used in some publication
experiments - as such the project should come with both inherent interest
and bragging rights.

Interested developers please contact jeremydouglass at gmail.com - include
reference to your experience and previous projects.