[wp-pro] Hi, I'm new on the list.

James Davis james at freecharity.org.uk
Wed Aug 29 10:58:49 GMT 2007

Eugene Liedel wrote:

> I'm new to the list, I want to be a word press pro and  would like to
> get some pointers, I've cobbled together a few sites so far.
> But desire to become better.
> What should I study first ?

You might find it more useful to join the wp-hackers list where more
technical discussion of WordPress takes place. Just reading the list
will help you learn and improve.

> What are the most important skills I need ?

Beyond WordPress, good people skills are always useful. You will find
that the hardest part of the work will be understanding what problems
your clients have and how they can best be solved.

> Can you make any money at this ?

Yes.

> How did you start ?

Slowly and within my limits. There are plenty of small jobs that make
for great learning experiences.

James

--
http://www.freecharity.org.uk/ - Free IT services for charities