[wp-pro] BlogResq Managed WordPress Hosting Service

Blog Rescue blogresq at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 06:09:00 GMT 2007

Hello everybody,
after introducing our maintenance and emergency services for WordPress sites
on this list about two months ago, today I'm happy to announce our new *Managed
WordPress Hosting Service*, available with immediate effect.

While it's very easy to get a WordPress site up and running nowadays, as
many web hosts offer 1-click installs and as WordPress comes with the
Fantastico script collection, too many WordPress sites out there are poorly
maintained and become an easy target each and every time a new security
vulnerability is discovered (the Wikipedia
article<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wordpress#Vulnerabilities>on
WordPress lists some of these vulnerabilities and an estimate about
how
many sites are affected). Also, to make things even worse, many WordPress
users don't perform backups on a regular basis (or don't know what exactly
they have to back up...), what makes it hard or even impossible for them to
recover from any kind of disaster.

That's what made us come up with our new *Managed WordPress Hosting Service*.
We understand that many WordPress users don't have the time or the expertise
to perform regular backups and security updates. These tasks are essential
and shouldn't be forgotten when establishing a WordPress site, but they can
easily be outsourced, giving the WordPress site owners some peace of mind
and letting them concentrate on the content and design aspects of their
sites.

The basic idea is that unlike your ordinary web host, we take care of your
WordPress site maintenance tasks for you (in particular regular off-site
backups, prompt security updates, installation of plugins and themes at your
request) and we will keep you up to date about all these activities. Just
like our existing services, this new service is offered at a very reasonable
price, starting from $15 per month. This price includes the web hosting
on one of our high-end servers, set up specifically with both WordPress
application performance and with security in mind. It also includes setting
up your site (or moving it from your current web host) and installing the
plugins and themes you would like to use.

We believe that besides professional WordPress users who depend on their
blog being up and running reliably, this service is also an interesting
option for those consultants who wish to focus on design, content and
advertising/marketing aspects or who simply wish to outsource these routine
technical tasks, due to a high workload.

If you have any questions or inquiries, don't hesitate to ask me.

Cheers, Josh