[wp-pro] Personal introduction and questions about online promotion

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) rudd-o at rudd-o.com
Fri Apr 20 09:59:26 GMT 2007

Hello,

I'm new to the list.  I don't know what the policy for personal
introductions is, so I'm going to go on a limb and introduce myself
here, before asking any questions.  Please forgive me if this is
inappropriate.

My name is Manuel Amador. I'm 27 years old and I'm an information
systems engineer who has dedicated the last year almost entirely to
WordPress, and living in Ecuador, South America.

I run a small (but growing) consulting and support service at
http://turbochargedcms.com/ . We sell an enhancement package for
WordPress called Turbocharged; it includes (heck, I'll just say it) a
ton of plugins and themes for what we think is a fair price, plus
support and money-back guarantee.  To be fair, the majority of our
income has been derived so far from consulting, but Turbocharged has
provided the "right foot in" most of the time.

I have also developed three WordPress themes (Burnin' R, RevvedUp and
the Magazine theme currently used in Rudd-O.com, my mostly personal
blog) and a couple of WordPress plugins, including recently the Twitter
Better (for which I want to take almost no credit, because it's a mashup
of existing code).

Now, for the questions:

- has any of you had good/bad experiences with the recently launched
WPlance.com?
- what have your strategies for online self-promotion been?  any
particular experiences you'd like to share?  Let's get a conversation
started here.
- I'm looking to boost the passive income that the Turbocharged
enhancement package generates.  Any suggestions/pointers?  What actions
would be considered ethical/unethical/frowned upon/approved during the
course of promoting such a product?

OK, that's it.  I hope everyone is okay.  Have a nice day!

	Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) <rudd-o at rudd-o.com>
	The R Zone - http://rudd-o.com/
	GPG key ID 0xC8D28B92 at http://wwwkeys.pgp.net/

Now playing, courtesy of Amarok: Sign my PETITION.