[wp-pro] Developer needed: need to be able to have external links in title

npessoa at umich.edu npessoa at umich.edu
Thu Apr 12 20:06:59 GMT 2007

Hi,

There's a bit of functionality I need for a site I'm working on, and
I'm looking to hire a developer, if anyone has any ideas on how to
implement this. First off, what I'm looking for is summed up succinctly
in this thread:

http://wordpress.org/extend/ideas/topic.php?id=357&page&replies=4

I need to do what the original poster described - I've got a list of
news articles on an athlete's site, and although most of the articles
are housed within Wordpress, some are on WNBA.com, and I'd like to be
able to link directly to outside article from within the news list
(WNBA.com specifically prohibits people from re-posting their content,
hence the need for this).

It sounds like this MIGHT be possible if we set a special class or
custom field or place the 'outside' items in their own category. This
is kind of an important function for me to have, so if it is possible
to integrate this at the theme-level, like it says in the thread, that
would be great.

I'm finalizing the site now, so quick replies with estimated fees would
be great. I'm hoping it will take a mere tweak of the coding. In any
case, advice about this issue is greatly appreciated. thanks!

Nadia