[wp-pro] looking for some help

Dave Viner daveviner at pobox.com
Wed Sep 27 20:08:15 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm looking for some help in building a simple wordpress 2.0 plugin
for conducting polls/quizzes.  This is my first post requesting help
to this list, so please let me know if I'm missing any details.

Here are the details of the plugin.  Any user with author Role should
be able to define one or more quizzes. Each quiz will have a title
and one or more questions. Each question will multiple possible
answers defined in advance by the quiz creator. Alternatively, the
quiz creator can specify that a question is "open answer", that is, a
generic text field that lets quiz takers respond with sentances
(instead of multiple choice).  Reasonable limits can be placed on the
"open answer" length... something like 2k total size or something
like that.

When created, the poll will be displayed on its own page. A quiz may
be public (open for anyone to respond) or private . If a quiz is
private, the quiz creator must specify the email addresses of the
responders. Those responders must register with the same email
address that is given by the quiz creator in order to respond to the
quiz.

After responding to the quiz questions, the respondee may see the
results. When a quiz closes (timeline specified at creation), the
quiz creator may see the final results. An email should be sent to
the creator when the quiz closes.

The plugin should operate cleanly in a WP2.0 environment, and
deactivate cleanly. All code should conform to WP plugin standards.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Viner