[wp-pro] New Site for Worldwide Conversation Week in March

Kai Degner, OrangeBand Kai at OrangeBand.org
Mon Dec 18 17:03:54 GMT 2006

Hi,

We are a small group of nonprofits (with a budget) ready to start what
we hope will become the Earth Day for Dialogue.  We plan on putting
together a Conversation Week at the end of March, which will involve
up to 500 people hosting local conversations using a discussion format
called Conversation Café.  These hosts could be anywhere in the world.

We are building a new site from scratch in short order and could use
advice in general, but are mainly concerned with the information and
communications management related to training hosts and registering
conversations.  The major work involves setting up a web-based
database infrastructure and front- and back-end communications tools,
integrated as much as possible with Wordpress.

I (Kai Degner) am the project manager and am overseeing the web
development.  I have some Wordpress experience but don't have time to
do this programming.  I'm looking to spend between $800-1500.

If interested, please email me for specifications document.

To apply, send example of past sites you've programmed and estimated
cost for this project.

Thanks!

Kai

1.	General Requirements
a.	Programming Language to Use: PHP, SQL, CSS
b.	This should be programmed into a Wordpress template, using the
existing admin/backend environment wherever possible
c.	Clear explanatory documentation
d.	Should test offline or on another online location before releasing
e.	Preferred Release Dates for Website, sooner the better:
i.	Phase 1: January 8 – Simple Content (doesn't require web programmer's work)
ii.	Phase 2: No later than Jan 19: Host and Mentor Signup, Backend Admin
iii.	Phase 3: No Later than Feb 1: Training Sign-up & Email
Functionality (though this may be more easily programmed into a
previous release)

--
Kai Degner
Home: 540-433-7947