[wp-pro] Need some modifications/changes

oz _ passionforcinema at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 23:45:10 GMT 2006

Here are the following modifications/changes for a small group blog that I
run on the side... Please do advise approximate quotes for the entire
project... Not looking for anything expensive... thought I would give it a
try by asking here...

1. *Required: Urgent*

I recently installed the *wp-cache
<http://mnm.uib.es/gallir/wp-cache-2/> **plugin.
What this has done is now serve static pages to readers, pages that are
refreshed every hour.*

* *

*The problem is that the wp-cache plugin is creating problems for the
following three things.*

   1. *The plugin Get Recent
Comments<http://blog.jodies.de/archiv/2004/11/13/recent-comments/>
   **. Here the recent comments don't show up in the side bar or if they
   show up on the home page… they don't show up on a particular post link.
   Further in IE 7, sometime when I click on one of the recent comments, the
   comment does not show up in the post (which may still being served from
   cache, though I don't get this problem in Firefox)*
   2. *The plugin
WP-PostViews<http://www.lesterchan.net/portfolio/programming.php>
   **. Here the number of views is now all messed up as I think during a
   static cache page read, the view is not recorded in the database (this has
   been confirmed in a personal mail by the author of wp-cache)… further if the
   views of a post on the home page show a number, clicking on the post link
   and going to the post page, shows a different number of views.***
   3. *The plugin
WP-PostRatings<http://www.lesterchan.net/portfolio/programming.php>
   **. Same problem as in wp-post views.***

* *

*Now wp-cache has something where it allows dynamic content to remain in a
static page… and it has instructions where you have to build the functions
for it and insert these functions in the files of wp-cache.*

* *

*The objective is to see that a, b, c are dynamic in nature and show real
time data even if the rest of the page is static… that may be achieved based
on wp-cache 's instruction manual.*

* *

*2. Awstats data for public view (Urgency : Moderate)*

* *

*I have a plugin called Awstats <http://www.curioso.org/awstats/>**, that
basically collects data from my awstats file and shows the popular posts of
the month (Bottom part of the home page). Awstats data is located in my
cpanel and I don't know how the plugin works.*

* *

*But this is what I would like… *

* *

   1. *Use Awstats as my page counter… - counter that will show the
   number of page hits right from the beginning of the blog*
   2. *Make a separate page which will list various statistics grabbed
   from Awstats… that is hits this month, quarter, comparision, current to last
   month, statistics by countries, most popular pages ever, most popular this
   year, most popular last year***
   3. *The page in "b" can be reached by clicking the hyperlink counter
   in "a"***

* *

*More details on b can provided once you formally agree to this part of the
project.*

* *

*3. Template XHTML / CSS Changes (Urgency : Low)  Current Template used :
Alexified*

   1. The home page has a "Search" tab (not the google search)… that
   search feature needs to be removed, and the corner of the big square box
   (over which this search tab was placed) needs to be rounded off…. This
   should be modified in a way that it is compatible both in IE 7 and Firefox.
   2. There is empty space next to the logo. A div or such tag needs to
   be defined in the CSS sheet that I can then call in the header file to place
   hyper links or images that will then appear neatly in white space on the
   right side of the logo – PassionForCinema.
   3. Another separate div or such needs to be defined in the css sheet
   that will allow me to place Inverted tabs under the current tabs. Inverted
   tabs will have the flat end on the top and curved edges below. They will be
   placed in such a way that the center or approximate center of each Inverted
   tab come right below the end / beginning of the current tabs above them.

4. More plugins/features required which we can discuss after the completion
of the first three. These include the Multiple authors getting a screen in
the Admin section to rate a movie which then can be rated by the readers
too, who will be able to do it on the website… then showing a side by side
comparison of the average rating of authors and the average rating of the
readers…. A few more things… but I would first like Points 1 to Point 3
completed…

Regards,

Pan