[wp-pro] Needed: HTML/CSS + WordPress Guru - Paid Freelance Gig

Jeff Parker jeffparker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 20:56:21 GMT 2006

Hello,

I'm looking for a HTML/CSS + WordPress guru to work on a paid freelance project.

Project Summary
===============
My client is planning to use WordPress for a site featuring customer
testimonials.

Site visitors will complete a simple form in which they can write
their own testimonial/story. When submitted, the form data will be
emailed to the site administrator who will use WordPress to publish
the story.

In addition to the out-of-the-box WordPress page templates, the client
will need a custom Home page and the submission form (referenced
above).

What I will do
============
I will gather the requirements from the client to determine exactly
what they want to accomplish. I will also create wireframes and a site
map to provide a blueprint for what we need to build.  (A graphic
designer will mock-up the site design, based on my wireframes, in
Photoshop.)

What I need you to do
=================
- Code a custom theme, based on the designer's Photoshop files using
standards compliant xHTML and CSS
- Code the testimonial/email submission form using xHTML and PHP
- Setup and configure the WordPress instance (ok, this is the easy part)
- Create any custom WP functionality that may be required. (I don't
anticipate any customization/extension of baseline WP functionality—no
plug-in development required. Rather, I'm thinking here of tweaks to
of the templates: the category listing page, archive page, search
results page, etc.)

Timing
=================
We're looking to kickoff the project next week (Monday, May 1st,
2006). The requirements and wireframes should be completed and
approved within a couple of days after that. The graphic design will
(hopefully) be finalized within about a week of the wireframe
approval.

We need to launch the production site on May 26th.

However, I'd like to get you involved as soon as possible so you can
lend your WP expertise to the requirements gathering (i.e. make sure
we're not proposing  anything that might be too difficult to implement
within our timeline).

What Now?
If you're interested, please send me an email with a resume,  a
listing of relevant experience, any URLs and your hourly rate.

Looking forward to working with you!
Thanks,
Jeff Parker
Information Architect