[wp-polyglots] Add language to Spellchecker button

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Wed Nov 18 19:55:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 11:24, Pavel Hejn <pavelevap at post.cz> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> there are 11 languages available for spellchecking in TinyMCE editor in WordPress.
>> This technology uses Google Spell and there are 27 languages available, I guess.
>> For example Czech language is also available, but is there any possibility to set it in WordPress (and TinyMCE)?
>> Any way to make a plugin or something else?
 >
 > Nikolay Bachiyski wrote:
> This would be good for core patch, too. It will be great if you add
> the languages into the TinyMCE and file a ticket in the Trac:

A language can be added there (or the list of languages replaced) with
the filter 'mce_spellchecker_languages'. It takes a string of comma
separated "langname = locale", like this:

'+English=en,Danish=da,Dutch=nl,Finnish=fi'

The + indicated the default and the locale codes are ISO (only 2
letters). More info:
http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Plugins/spellchecker

Sample code:

<?php

add_filter( 'mce_spellchecker_languages', 'my_languages' );
function my_languages($str) {
   /*
   // add another
   $str .= ',Czech=cz';
   */

   // replace all
   $str = '+Czech=cz,English=en,German=de';

   return $str;
}