[wp-polyglots] Plugins and themes localization

José Fontainhas jfontainhas at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 16:49:13 UTC 2009

Cátia,

The way to do it would probably be to have plugin/theme authors
include that information on the readme.txt file
(http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/readme.txt). Why? Because
it would be overkill for us to monitor and validate 6000+ plugins and
themes. It would slow down the approval process to a crawl.  If the
information is on the readme file, it is relatively trivial for us to
include that on the plugin's/theme's FIY box.

I'd suggest taking this discussion over to the wp-hackers mailing list
so that the actual authors can contribute some ideas.

All in all, yes it is doable, but not at a "central" spot (i.e. approval).

Bjs

Zé