[wp-polyglots] About Turkish Translation

José Fontainhas jfontainhas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 09:37:00 UTC 2009

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm Emre Erkan from WordPress Turkey Team. We provide a Turkish
> package after a new version of WordPress come out. With automatic
> upgrading of WordPress everything get much more easier but with one
> problem. Turkish users have to get language files or download the
> Turkish package again and upload to web host. We tried it last few
> versions. It's not the best solution. I (the translator guy)
> researched a little and found polyglots. So here I am. What should I
> do? How can I manage tr.wordpress.org and where can I get credentials
> for SVN?

Hi Emre,

The very first step is to read
http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress . This will give you an
overview of the process. (There is apparently an entry for the Turkish
team already at
http://codex.wordpress.org/L10n:Localization_Teams#Turkish_.E2.80.93_T.C3.BCrk.C3.A7e)

The creation of a tr.wordpress.org is also pretty straightforward and is
documented here: http://codex.wordpress.org/International_WordPress_Sites

Let us know if you have any doubts on those two links

> BTW are there a web page or someting for reading former polyglots messages?

Sure: http://lists.automattic.com/pipermail/wp-polyglots/

Cheers

-Zé