[wp-polyglots] wordpress.com complaints through our contact form

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Mon Aug 10 18:10:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 18:57, Cátia
Kitahara<contato at catiakitahara.com.br> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 00:40, C?tia
>> Kitahara<contato at catiakitahara.com.br> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I've got an other issue with our blog at br.wordpress.org. Lately I'm
>>> receiving some complaint messages about blogs hosted at wordpress.com.
>>>
>>> I think this happens for four main reasons (apart from they ignoring our
>>> warning):
>>> 1. they can't find the wordpress.com Complaint page;
>>> 2. if they do, they don't speak English.
>>> 3. I think the only way to get to the Complaint page is through the Terms
>>> of
>>> Service page (I maybe wrong), which is also in English.
>>
>> If users have a problem, they look for the support page, where they
>> can find a solution or contact support. There is a support link on
>> every admin panel, on wordpress.com itself and on the admin bar, which
>> is shown on every pageview of a logged-in user.
>
>> On WordPress.com we don't officially provide support in languages
>> other than English.
>>
>>> 4. and the most important, they don't know the difference between
>>> wordpress.com and wordpress.org.
>>
>> Unfortunately we can't do much about this. You can send them here:
>>
>> http://pt.forums.wordpress.com/topic/a-diferenca-entre-wordpresscom-e-wordpressorg?replies=1
>>
>>> So I was wondering if you, guys at Automattic, could make the link to
>>> your
>>> Complaint page easier to be found (maybe on the footer, next to the TOS
>>> link), and if you could translate both pages, Complaint and Terms of
>>> Service, to Portuguese. Maybe this could help.
>>
>> When it happens in the future, feel free to direct them to
>> WordPress.com support at http://support.wordpress.com/contact/ or
>> support at wordpress.com. As I said before, we can't guarantee we will
>> provide support in Portuguese, but we will give our best. This is true
>> for all other languages.
>
> Hi Nikolay,
>
> Thanks for your answer, but the thing is these complaints messages come from
> non wordpress.com users. Usually it's people who, for some reason, has a
> problem with somebody else who's got a blog at wordpress.com. They are not
> looking for support, they want to complain and to report some kind of abuse.
> That's why I suggested the link to the Complaints page on the footer of the
> site, not the admin panel and also that they should be translated.

Again, I think they should look for support. Anyway, I will pass this
case to our support people. They certainly know better the patterns of
user complaints.

About the translated page: it would imply support in Portuguese, so
we'd better not lie the users :-)

Are the request really that many?

N.