[wp-polyglots] wordpress.com complaints through our contact form

Cátia Kitahara contato at catiakitahara.com.br
Thu Aug 6 15:57:42 UTC 2009

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 00:40, C?tia
> Kitahara<contato at catiakitahara.com.br> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I've got an other issue with our blog at br.wordpress.org. Lately I'm
>> receiving some complaint messages about blogs hosted at wordpress.com.
>>
>> I think this happens for four main reasons (apart from they ignoring our
>> warning):
>> 1. they can't find the wordpress.com Complaint page;
>> 2. if they do, they don't speak English.
>> 3. I think the only way to get to the Complaint page is through the Terms
>> of
>> Service page (I maybe wrong), which is also in English.
>
> If users have a problem, they look for the support page, where they
> can find a solution or contact support. There is a support link on
> every admin panel, on wordpress.com itself and on the admin bar, which
> is shown on every pageview of a logged-in user.

> On WordPress.com we don't officially provide support in languages
> other than English.
>
>> 4. and the most important, they don't know the difference between
>> wordpress.com and wordpress.org.
>
> Unfortunately we can't do much about this. You can send them here:
> http://pt.forums.wordpress.com/topic/a-diferenca-entre-wordpresscom-e-wordpressorg?replies=1
>
>> So I was wondering if you, guys at Automattic, could make the link to
>> your
>> Complaint page easier to be found (maybe on the footer, next to the TOS
>> link), and if you could translate both pages, Complaint and Terms of
>> Service, to Portuguese. Maybe this could help.
>
> When it happens in the future, feel free to direct them to
> WordPress.com support at http://support.wordpress.com/contact/ or
> support at wordpress.com. As I said before, we can't guarantee we will
> provide support in Portuguese, but we will give our best. This is true
> for all other languages.

Hi Nikolay,

Thanks for your answer, but the thing is these complaints messages come from
non wordpress.com users. Usually it's people who, for some reason, has a
problem with somebody else who's got a blog at wordpress.com. They are not
looking for support, they want to complain and to report some kind of abuse.
That's why I suggested the link to the Complaints page on the footer of the
site, not the admin panel and also that they should be translated.

About the difference between .com and .org, I already send them that link.
;) I just wish I could send less. =P

Cheers,
Cátia