[wp-polyglots] 2.7 is coming

Ran Yaniv Hartstein ran.hartstein at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 13:21:10 GMT 2008

I have two suggestions:

First, to help English-speaking users deal with a message in a language they
don't understand, a small "?" button can be added after the message, with an
English note explaining why it was displayed. (The current message can
actually be even more confusing)

Second, the sentence can be added to the same rosetta.po file we use for
translating the locale sites, and if a translation isn't available it will
revert back to English.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:55, Nikolay Bachiyski <nb at nikolay.bg> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 01:50, José Fontainhas <jfontainhas at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Shouldn't the string "WordPress is also available in" be localized? (as
> in
> > "WordPress is also available in Français" to "WordPress est aussi
> disponible
> > en Français")
>
> It was left this way because of several reasons:
>
> * If the message is shown by mistake, the English-speaking user will
> know what's going on.
>
> * The interested users would recognise their language name, even if
> they didn't understand the sentence preceding it.
>
> * Last, but not least, I didn't have translations of the sentence in
> all languages.
>
> Nikolay.

-- RYH♡,
ranh.co.il