[wp-polyglots] Basic feminine form

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Sat Nov 8 21:36:52 GMT 2008

Xavier Borderie wrote:
> I'd like to request for a change in the way some strings are marked:
> adding a contextual comment:
> For instance:
> Published <span class=\"count\">(%s)</span>|Article
> Published <span class=\"count\">(%s)</span>|Page
> This way, we could have a clear distinction between the various items,
> and translate each accordingly.
>
> I know it won't solve all "masculine/feminine/neutral/xxx" issues for
> all languages (I think Czech has 4 forms...), but that would be a very
> cool first step.
>
> Additionnaly, since I feel it is a small change to the internal code,
> it could probably go into 2.7 :D

This sounds like a sane change to me.

If someone wants to create a patch I am sure we will consider it.

We need to make sure that we don't change strings too late in the
release cycle though so as to ensure you all have enough time to
translate the final set.

westi

--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5