[wp-polyglots] Re: gettexted Theme (was: HTML entities in translated strings)

Christian Barmala christian.barmala at gmx.net
Thu Mar 13 09:15:42 GMT 2008

On 12.03.2008 17:46, Milan Dinic wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 17:36 +0100, Christian Barmala wrote:
>> Can you recommend me a theme, which is
>> - gettexted
> Find wpcom.pot, then ...

find . -name "wpcom.pot" -print
no result, but
wget http://svn.automattic.com/wpcom-i18n/wpcom.pot
works

> search for wp-content/themes/pub/ if you find line
wp-content/themes/pub/fauna/template-commentform.php:28, theme's name is
fauna

grep "wp-content/themes/pub/" wpcom.pot | cut -d / -f 4 | sort | uniq
nice, but how to find those themes, which are
>> - Widget-ready
>> - fluid width center region

Do I have to install and try all 69 hits sequentially?

Am 12.03.2008 17:51, Alex Günsche wrote:
> You could try the internationalized Kubrick theme. It's gettexted and widget-ready. However it is not fluid. There's also a German translation for this theme.

Good hint! It's not enough that the theme is gettexted. I should make
sure, that a translation actually exists.

I also considered the Sandbox theme, which is a solid foundation and
from this perspective good candidate for a WordPress default theme. It
is gettexted and "Skins" are a more lightweigth layout mechanism than
creating a whole theme. ... so far for the theory. Most style developers
prefer to create a whole new theme derived from Sandbox rather than
using the simple Skin mechanism.

And coming back to the original "Tellerrand"-issue: Where do I find a
good German translation of Sandbox? It's actually in Milan's list and I
find sandbox.pot in the Internet, but you pointed out, that translations
may vary in quality.

Christian
P.S. Milan, please excuse the "c", I didn't want to use UTF-8 just for a
single character. Alex is more lucky and I'm even 7-bit clean :-)