[wp-polyglots] New plugin for TinyMCE localization

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Wed Feb 27 11:41:56 GMT 2008

2008/2/27, Takayuki Miyoshi <takayukister at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote a plugin that helps translators who are localizing 2.5 beta. This
> allows you to import existing TinyMCE 3.x language package into the PO file
> for WordPress.
>
> http://ideasilo.wordpress.com/2008/02/27/tinymce-x-wordpress-translation-sharing/
>
> I wrote this plugin for Japanese localization and it worked well for it. I
> hope this helps your nice work as well :)

Great job, Takayuki! You saved me lots of time.

Just a few notes on the implementation:
* Reading 8192-byte chunks can let you skip some entries, because it
can cut a line into two halves and neither of them is valid entry.
* You can't read multiline strings from po file like:
msgid ""
"line 1 here"
"line 2 here"
* If there is a " in the translation it will break the po file

I witnessed none of this possible bugs, just mentioning :-)

Happy transhacking,