[wp-polyglots] Need help for International Forums

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Mon Feb 25 13:53:55 GMT 2008

2008/2/23, tai <tai at tekapo.com>:
> Hi Nikolay,
>
>  Thank you for setting up the ja forums.
>  We have some problems about them, so we need your help!
>
>  1) The search function doesn't work in Japanese!
>
>  e.g. copy "てすと" to the search field and hit the search button, the
>  results shows nothing and the word in the search field is garbled.

I will have a look at this.

>  2) Some links at the footer return "404 Not Found".
>
>  Can we set up those pages?

I think we'd better leave them in English. Translating these doesn't
sound like a good idea -- we  can't handle bug reports in other
languages and the GPL is a legal document.

Anyway, I at least made them work.

>  3) Some strings are not displayed in Japanese.
>
>  "User:" at log in.

Fixed.

http://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/794

>  4) The space between <li> lists is too big.
>
>  I found
>       #content li { margin-bottom: 6px; line-height: 20px; }
>  in the style sheet (http://s.wordpress.org/style/wp3.css?15).
>  I don't understand why line-height is 20px.

The line-height is fine, but there was a #thread li {padding: 1em;},
which caused the space between list items. Should be also fixed.

>  5) Is it possible to change the site title "International Forums" to
>  "WordPress フォーラム"?

Done.

>  6) XML Declaration in RSS needs encoding information.
>
>  It is <?xml version="1.0"?> now, but it should be <?xml version="1.0"
>  encoding="UTF-8"?>.
>  Because of this, some rss readers can't read correctly the feed
>  contains Japanese letters.

UTF-8 is the default encoding for xml documents, so the problem is
actually in the feed reader. However, feel free to file a ticket into
the bbPress about it: trac: http://trac.bbpress.org/

>  BTW, thanks for updating the i18n kubrick theme!
>  I tried to do it and found you already did it. :-)

You have to be quick. We'll see who will update it first next time :-)