[wp-polyglots] Need help for International Forums

tai tai at tekapo.com
Sat Feb 23 08:36:12 GMT 2008

Hi Nikolay,

Thank you for setting up the ja forums.
We have some problems about them, so we need your help!

1) The search function doesn't work in Japanese!

e.g. copy "てすと" to the search field and hit the search button, the
results shows nothing and the word in the search field is garbled.

2) Some links at the footer return "404 Not Found".

Can we set up those pages?

3) Some strings are not displayed in Japanese.

"User:" at log in.
"Topics with no replies" and "Topics with no tags" on the left side.
I have already checked those are translated in ja.po at our repository.

4) The space between <li> lists is too big.

I found
      #content li { margin-bottom: 6px; line-height: 20px; }
in the style sheet (http://s.wordpress.org/style/wp3.css?15).
I don't understand why line-height is 20px.

5) Is it possible to change the site title "International Forums" to
"WordPress フォーラム"?

6) XML Declaration in RSS needs encoding information.

It is <?xml version="1.0"?> now, but it should be <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?>.
Because of this, some rss readers can't read correctly the feed
contains Japanese letters.

BTW, thanks for updating the i18n kubrick theme!
I tried to do it and found you already did it. :-)

--
Tai
tekapo at gmail.com
http://tekapo.com/