[wp-polyglots] How to contribute the localization to Wordpress.com?

Michael Sync mchlsync at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 03:20:34 GMT 2008

Hello,

I have been waiting my reply for my question since Feb 7. Could anyone
or Nikolay
please answer me?

>>Could you give me some more details about your font requirements?

All I know about my font is that it doesn't show properly if we don't set
the font explicitly in CSS. The font is called Zaw-Gyi One font and it's
also uni-code font

>>Most of the languages from your region do not need special fonts, in order
their translations to show properly.

Yes. Because Microsoft supports them. but Burmese language. There is no
Myanmar (Burmese) language in Microsoft OS. All of Burmese people are using
English version WIndows since long time back. Maybe, this is the reason why
Burmese font doesn't show properly without setting special fonts.

Here <http://nineninesanay.blogspot.com/> is one burmese blog that uses
ZawGyiOne unicode font. Here <http://phoxin.wordpress.com/> is also another
Myanmar blog that uses wordpress.com. (He put <font> tag in every Burmese
posts.)

I have to try to use our mo file with wordpress standand-alone version in my
machine. If I don't change the font in CSS, it doesn't show correctly. So, I
think we need to set the font for themes, admin section and rich-text
editor.

According to Myanmar blog
directory<http://myanmarblogdirectory.blogspot.com/>,
a lot of Burmese people are using blogspot since they are able to change the
CSS to set the Burmese font explicitly. but for me, I love wordpress (both
standalone version and mu). I want to encourage people to use wordpress. I
hired two people from Myanmar to localize wordpress.pot. ( It's not for
profit. Just my contributing to wordpress.org and Burmese community ) Our
translation is nearly finsihed.  We are thinking to move Rich editor and
wordpress.com localization. but I want to make sure whether we can have
Myanmar version in wordpress.com or not.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Michael Sync