[wp-polyglots] How to get PO file back to WP

Jeroen Vermeulen jtv at canonical.com
Mon Feb 11 17:58:25 GMT 2008

Samuel Murray (Groenkloof) wrote:

> I've just tried uploading a PO file to Launchpad and I'm very sure the
> PO file is good, but Launchpad says there are errors in it (but no
> mention of what the errors are).  I'm would be careful to use Launchpad
> if it is going to throw me false error messages after a hard day's
> translation.  The Launchpad site says that not all WP translators use
> Launchpad -- so what are the alternative routes to (a) get the PO file
> and (b) send the translation in PO format again?

Hi, I work on Launchpad's Translations application so let me add this
note: starting with next week's rollout, you should get more helpful
error messages.  Generally you can find the source of the problem using
"msgfmt -v -c <file>.po" but there are sometimes differences of opinion.

To get your translation out of Launchpad, browse to it (so you see the
individual messages as translated in your language) and select the
"Download translations" option.

Jeroen