[wp-polyglots] How to contribute the localization to Wordpress.com?

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Tue Feb 5 10:22:33 GMT 2008

2008/2/5, Michael Sync <mchlsync at gmail.com>:
> Hello,

Hello Michael,

> My team is doing localization (Burmese) for Wordpress.org. (stand-alone
> version 2.3.3). I think we will finish our localization on coming Monday.

It would be nice of you add some details about your team in our Codex wiki:

http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language

Also, in order to make the translations process easier for you, there
is a document, which covers most localization problems for WordPress:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress

In case you have any questions -- feel free to ask them to this list,
there are always happy people ready to help :-)

> Our target is that we want Burmese people to create a blog on wordpress.com.
> For the time being, there are a lot of Burmese people who are using
> blogspot.com since they are able to edit the font for their theme. (Our font
> doesn't show if we don't change the font.)
>
> So, after we finished our localization for wordpress standalone version, we
> want to contribute our localization to wordpress.com.
>
> How can we contribute for that?

There are two ways: the first one is to use the WordPress.com pot file
[0] and the second one is to use the web-based translation system at
http://translate.wordpress.com

Since, this list is primarily for the WordPress.org translation
community, please if you have further questions, contact me off-list
and I will make my best to help you.

Thank you for the interest and happy translating,
Nikolay

[0] http://wordpress.com/wp-content/languages/wpcom.pot