[wp-polyglots] Esperanto WordPress Site

Bertilo Wennergren bertilow at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 13:11:56 GMT 2008

Cindy McKee wrote:

> Thank you from Cindio!

Thanks from me too!

> I'm looking at the packaging system; it's great that you include that!

Yes, it looks nice. However, it seems to be difficult, or even
impossible, to combine or coordinate that packaging system with the two
realeases that we already did by ourselves. But I haven't looked all
that closely at the possibilities. I'm a bit unsure what would actually
happen if I'd create a release that way (perhaps our repository
will be transformed into a radioactive zone...).

In the packages that we released yesterday (2.5) and today (2.5.1) we
actually included some extra bits and pieces: a few themes and two
special plugins. I'm not sure if it's possible to do that with the
packaging system at wordpress.org.

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 6:45 AM, Nikolay Bachiyski
> <nbachiyski at developer.bg> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 6:51 AM, Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  > Hi!
>>  >
>>  >  The Esperanto translation team finally launched the translation of WP2.5:
>>  >
>>  >  http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language#Esperanto_.28eo.29
>>
>>  Congratulations! It is great we have a strong Esperanto community. I
>>  am a great fan of constructed languages and especially Lojban.

Great to hear.

>>  You can log in to your site at http://eo.wordpress.org/wp-admin/
>>
>>  As I usually remind -- do not forget to try the fancy packaging system
>>  at Administrado -> Tradukoj por eo

I'm a bit puzzled that our page at eo.wordpress.org seems to use an
older version of WordPress. But it's probably just that WordPress MU
lags a bit behind the basic package.

--
Bertilo Wennergren <http://bertilow.com>