[wp-polyglots] About international sites & international forum

Huda Toriq hudatoriq at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 05:22:00 GMT 2008

2008/4/6, Nikolay Bachiyski <nbachiyski at developer.bg>:
> 2008/4/6, Huda Toriq <hudatoriq at gmail.com>:
>
> > Hi, Nikolay.
>  >  There's something I'd like to discuss about the international site &
>  >  international forum:
>  >
>  >  1. Is there a plan to upgrade the international site and match the
>  >  design to the new WP.ORG look?
>

> Of course :-)

Great. I hope the International site will have a header menu that
links it together with the Forum Menu.

>  >  2. Could you change the title of the 'International Forum' text &
>  >  title into '[lang_name] Forum'? It's better if we can localize it into
>  >  something like, for instance, 'Forum Bahasa Indonesia'. From our point
>  >  of view as Indonesian user, and possibly to users from other
>  >  countries, the word 'International' is more suitable to refer the
>  >  wordpress.org rather than the [locale].wordpress.org, because it's
>  >  written in English, so the international community could understand
>  >  it. We prefer to call the [locale].wordpress.org sites as 'local
>  >  sites'.
>

> Updated. For new forums we require them to choose a forum title too,
>  so this is a problem for the old ones only.

Thanks Nikolay.
Btw, I found some layout bug on the international forum's header menu.
If you look at Indonesian forum, the header menu is aligned to the top
of page. It should be at the bottom of the header's black area, so the
blue highlight tab blends with the blue part of the header, right? I
think it's because the menu content is too short. Assigning a width
property to #header ul and set it to something around 470px will solve
the problem.

I have another request. Could you change the current header menu to

<li><a href="http://id.wordpress.org" title="Semuanya dimulai dari
sini.">Pangkal</a></li>
<li><a class="current" href="" title="Forum dukungan dan
diskusi.">Forum</a></li>
<li><a href="http://id.wordpress.org/releases" title="Langsung ambil
aja.">Unduhan</a></li>

The structure is quite similar to the Japanese site.

--
Huda Toriq
http://hudatoriq.web.id/ | http://id.wordpress.org