[wp-polyglots] proper registration

Alex Günsche ag.ml2008 at zirona.com
Fri Apr 4 14:36:48 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 08:37 -0500, Cindy McKee wrote:
> Yes, someone added my wordpress.org user name to an access file. I
> believe the admin's name  is 'Nikolay'.

Yes, this is likely, as Nikolay is the one in charge for all
internationalisation issues.

> But apparently, codex.wordpress.org uses a different database, because
> my username wasn't recognized until immediately after I registered at
> the forum, which is at wordpress.org/support

I agree that the authentication issues are very poorly solved in the
wordpress.org domain. This is 2008, and I'd expect a single-sign-on for
such a big project. Instead they seem to have a handful of databases,
which have been synchronised at a certain point, and now run in
parallel.

Best regards,
Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
Blogs: http://www.zirona.com/ | http://www.regularimpressions.net