[wp-polyglots] proper registration

Cindy McKee cfmckee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 13:37:05 GMT 2008

Yes, someone added my wordpress.org user name to an access file. I
believe the admin's name  is 'Nikolay'.
But apparently, codex.wordpress.org uses a different database, because
my username wasn't recognized until immediately after I registered at
the forum, which is at wordpress.org/support

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Alex Günsche <ag.ml2008 at zirona.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 07:46 -0500, Cindy McKee wrote:
>  > When I wanted write permissions to the SVN repository, I realized that
>  > I needed a WordPress.org user name. So I looked around the website,
>  > found what seemed to be the place for developers -- Codex -- and
>  > registered there. Usually translators are lumped together with
>  > developers and share their websites and resources. Well, I was NOT
>  > able to commit changes to the SVN repository, even after repeated
>  > requests to give me permission. Well, last night I finally registered
>  > at the forum and tried that password to make a commit to the
>  > repository. It WORKED! It simply never even occurred to me to register
>  > in the forum in order to have SVN rights! Maybe other people don't
>  > often make that mistake, (after all, codex.wordpress.org is a
>  > subdomain) but if anyone else ever has problems with authorization,
>  > ask them exactly where in the site they registered. :)
>
>  Wait, you have registered in the forums, and got SVN commit access? I
>  very much doubt this. I think it was rather a coincidence that someone
>  approved your request at about the same time. I've never heard of an
>  CVS/SVN repo that allows commit access after a simple registration. Btw,
>  whom have you asked for approval?
>

>  Best regards,
>  Alex
>

>  --
>  Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
>  Blogs: http://www.zirona.com/ | http://www.regularimpressions.net
>  *** Want to test the shiny new release of InstantUpgrade? ***
>  http://www.zirona.com/blog/software/instantupgrade-10-beta/

Cindy McKee
Cindio