[wp-polyglots] proper registration

Cindy McKee cfmckee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 12:46:55 GMT 2008

I'd like to share a stupid mistake that I made in order to prevent
others from experiencing that problem.
When I wanted write permissions to the SVN repository, I realized that
I needed a WordPress.org user name. So I looked around the website,
found what seemed to be the place for developers -- Codex -- and
registered there. Usually translators are lumped together with
developers and share their websites and resources. Well, I was NOT
able to commit changes to the SVN repository, even after repeated
requests to give me permission. Well, last night I finally registered
at the forum and tried that password to make a commit to the
repository. It WORKED! It simply never even occurred to me to register
in the forum in order to have SVN rights! Maybe other people don't
often make that mistake, (after all, codex.wordpress.org is a
subdomain) but if anyone else ever has problems with authorization,
ask them exactly where in the site they registered. :)
:(

--
Cindy McKee
Cindio