[wp-polyglots] The never-ending: i18n of default theme

Huda Toriq hudatoriq at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 07:25:37 GMT 2007

On 9/20/07, Abel Cheung <abelcheung at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anybody can think of a way to get rid of comment_type() ? It's an evil function
> > in I18N POV.
>
> Seems I forgot to denounce comments_number() as well.

Yeah.. they forced me to cut the sentence into two parts - bad solution, I know.
I've sent a ticket regarding this problem [1], and westi said it would
take some time to fix it and set the milestone to 2.4.

If we need to get rid of it for the moment, we can insert other
functions into functions.php that mimic comment_type() and
comments_number() but return their output instead of echoing them.
Then we use them as substitution until the main functions get fixed.
Any suggestions?

[1] http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4916
--
Huda Toriq