[wp-polyglots] Call for beta-testers: official international WordPress sites

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Thu Sep 13 20:36:28 GMT 2007

Huda Toriq wrote:
> So how do we organize the site? Simply translating all the site's .po
> files and posting at the blog section?

Right now the sites are comprised of:

* One-page info site with the most essential parts of wp.org
* Blog
* Forums with integrated wordpress.org user system
* Pre-localized download

> I see that bg.wordpress.org has no header menu. Is this is the final
> design? Or it's not finished yet?

The current idea is to put the most essential getting started
information on a single page, and expand them out as we find the need.
If I could start wordpress.org fresh that's how I would do the main site
as well. People just want to get to the info as quick as possible, not
figure out your navigation.

> Would be nice and easier for the
> visitors if the xx.wordpress.org site has header menu interconnected
> with the xx.forums.wordpress.org and the other sections.

Yes the forums and sites should be combined.

> About Codex translation, will it also be integrated into
> codex.wordpress.org? Coz I've just installed mediawiki in
> id.wordpress.net/codex. If you're thinking of (url) uniformity, I
> think it should be applied into codex translation too.

I don't know yet. The English Codex has its own problems as well.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com