[wp-polyglots] Something has gone wrong in my process

Francesc Hervada-Sala francesc at hervada.org
Wed Sep 12 18:33:32 GMT 2007

Hello Peter,

Lurie, Peter schrieb am 12.09.2007 12:45:
> I have been trying to include some new German terms into a po/mo
> update to a Theme in WordPress
>
> The original Theme was in German, but no specific mo/po was included.

I am not sure of it, but I assume that you have a theme in english that
you want to translate to German.

I think you should do it in 2 separate steps:

1. Theme - Internationalisation. Generation of a .po file with english
original strings without translation.

2. Theme - Localisation. Generation of a localised .po file for German.

The first step has only to do with english strings, the second step
deals only with the .po file and lets theme files untouched.

I think you messed both up?

Best regards,

Francesc Hervada-Sala