[wp-polyglots] Re: Romanian translation, Launchpad, poEdit etc

Crefelean Nicolae kneekoo at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 12 15:35:49 GMT 2007

Hello,

    Thanks for responding and you guidance. I've already tried poEdit and after a few translated strings it just came to me. I have noone to send the translation to. So I went back online and I looked for something better. I ran into Rosetta - which I successfully use for Stellarium and whatever I feel like getting involved with - and I started my work. The thing is Rosetta allows you to grab the latest revsion of the translation and simply use it. Of course, SVN is much better and poEdit does help in this case. I have already worked with TortoiseSVN so here isn't much I need to read on the Codex but I'm sure I'll find my way with your help, if needed.
    I guess I'll just have to wait till I get SVN access and that will be it. :) Thank you for the good news. However, you might've overlooked my other question. Will there be differences between WP v2.0.x and WP v2.1? I'm interested about this from the translation point of view, of course. I didn't look for this feature in poEdit but does it have a tool for translation upgrades? I mean... can it import the translated strings from the old version to the new one, only leaving empty the strings that didn't match with the other ones? That would help. Because if we have to take it from the beginning on and on every time there are differences... that's not only time consuming but unproductive and, of course, frustrating.
    :P I hope I'll get good news once more. :) I wish you all a nice day!

Nick