[wp-polyglots] Default Theme

René Clausen Nielsen rcn at shevy.dk
Tue Oct 3 15:24:37 GMT 2006

> >I'd also be in favor of two versions of the default theme : one in
> >English, and one properly i18n'd.
>
> ANd how do you set up your distro? the default theme directory will
> have what theme ? the gettexted one or the hardcoded one ?
>
> I was thinking to distroibute a gettexted one as default and having the
> hardcoded one as a separate file to download.

Same here. I would distribute the gettexted theme (along with da_DK.mo, of
course), but I would rest assured that the hardcoded theme (in English, that
is) would be available for download at http://themes.wordpress.net. Should
anyone ask for it, I would definitely consider a download option for it on
wordpress.dk, but I don't think anyone would bother to ask.

Anyway, with widgets being implemented in most themes and plugins I'd say
that messing around with the theme files is just about to be a geeks only
thing, meaning that a bit of i18n won't bother anyone.

/René