[wp-polyglots] Old strings missing in latest .pot file?

Stefano steagl at people.it
Fri Mar 17 18:18:51 GMT 2006

Il Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:55:47 +0000, Brynjólfur Ólason <binni at hi.is>
scrive:

>Are you saying that 2.0.2 did not add new strings, but 2.0.1 did? Then
>these two should be identical, don't you think? What is it in 2.0.2 that
>is different from 2.0.1?

If the updat are about bug correction and security update with no new
function and then no new text strings... obviously they are identical.

>I did update my translation for WP2 by downloading the .pot file from here:
>
>http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/pot/trunk/wordpress.pot
>
>If it's regularly updated, like you say, how can it be different from
>2.0.1 if it is the same?

Trunk version refer to the same trunk version of vordpress code SVN
(http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/trunk) the trunk is always the
code on evolution for future version, actualle the 2.1 version, casue
this new version has already troduced some major modification changig
strings relate to links now called bookmarks and other changes the pot
from trunk it's missing strings that ae in 2.0.2. You have to use the
tags version, atually there is not a 2.0.2 tags yet, iI suppose it
will bein a the next days, but i'm sure that using the 2.0.1 cause if
I emeber correctly the changes from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 didn't involved new
text strings or removing of textstrings and at least it will miss few
strings and not so much as you expirienced.

Cause I relay on the SVN i don't have a .pot for 2.0.2 on my local
copy or i would have been happy to send it to you. Maybe another in
this list have it, but we are in the weekend so maybe no answer till
monday.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it