[wp-polyglots] WordPress 2.next

Stefano steagl at people.it
Sat Feb 18 10:04:49 GMT 2006

Il Sat, 18 Feb 2006 14:06:10 +0800, "Jeffrey Tam"
<jeffreytam at gmail.com> scrive:

>The current version of WP is doing a good job in it's installation and
>upgrade parts. However, localization is still not as "the-state-of-art" as
>other parts. People whose first language is not English may find it
>difficult to even install it, let alone to localize it after installing.
>
>As we already have a repository of well translated MO files for many major
>languages, can we just compile some "official" localized versions of WP for
>the future distributions?

We can arrange with Matt to have the download page having "official"
localization available, maybe soem team wouldprefere have them on they
national site, where maybe there is link to extra documentation,
support etc. Team that doens't have aan official locale site can have
it as a subdomain of wordpress.org. At least in the download page for
english WP there should be links to single cdex pages where every
temam can give link for download and some basic info in it own
language pointing to a national site if available.

Any idea about hw to organize all this is welcome. We have to arrange
some info and rules that every official team have to follow and
minimum requirement for translator to be recognised ads an offical
translator team. ALl this to assure a minimum quality standard in all
locale distro

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it