[wp-polyglots] New version of php-gettext in repository

Stefano steagl at people.it
Mon Feb 28 19:11:22 GMT 2005

Il Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:40:19 -0600, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> scrive:

>http://mosquito.wordpress.org/view.php?id=1001
>
>Nico Kaiser made some very nice speed improvements to php-gettext that
>were accepted upstream by Danilo Šegan, the maintainer of php-gettext.
>I just bumped WP to version 1.0.3 of php-gettext.  I tested with a
>couple different mo files and all seemed well.  Please test this with
>your translations.  You should see a speed increase over the previous
>version of php-gettext.

I tried it on my locale installation and not on my web site yet, so my
felings and numbers should be wrong, but it looks it's significatively
faster than before, some pages got served (locally) with a time tha's
30-40% than before.

Oh it works on italian translation ;)

Email: steagl at people.it - steagl at despammed.com
BlogPage: http://www.40annibuttati.it/
PGP keys available on keyservers  (cripted & signed PGP mail welcome)