[wp-polyglots] french translation

Morgan Doocy morgan at doocy.net
Sat Feb 19 08:38:21 GMT 2005

I ran mine through msgfmt too and found one error that needed
correcting, on line 2942. However, after I uploaded it and downloaded
it again, the new PO file Rosetta gives me generates errors. For
whatever reason, Rosetta seems to be tacking on two "obsolete" [1]
messages to the end:

#: wp-admin/options-general.php:32
#~ msgid ""
#~ "If you want your blog homepage to be different than the directory
you "
#~ "installed WordPress in, enter that address here."
#~ msgstr ""
#~ "Si vous voulez que l’adresse de la page d’accueil de
votre "
#~ "weblog soit différente du répertoire où vous avez installé
WordPress, entrez "
#~ "cette adresse ici."

#: wp-admin/themes.php:57
#~ msgid ""
#~ "Themes are usually downloaded separately from WordPress. To install
a theme "
#~ "you generally just need to put the theme file or files into your
<code>wp- "
#~ "content/themes</code> directory. Once a theme is installed, you may
select "
#~ "it here."
#~ msgstr ""
#~ "Les thèmes sont en principe téléchargés séparément de  WordPress.
Pour "
#~ "installer un thème, il vous faut en général simplement mettre le ou
les "
#~ "fichier(s) du thème dans votre répertoire
<code>wp-content/themes</code> "
#~ "directory. Une fois le thème installé, vous pouvez le sélectionner
ici."

These are duplicates of messages that are declared at separate points
earlier in the file. If you delete these two messages, it compiles
without error. I've tried re-uploading it with these removed, but
Rosetta seems to just keep adding them back. I don't know what the deal
is, but I don't think overwriting it with your copy would fix it.

[1]
http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_mono/
gettext.html#SEC106

Morgan